Friday, July 10, 2009

So I was dusting my cookbook shelves the other day and thinking that I really need to start using them, when the idea for this challenge hit me...why not challenge myself to use one new recipe a day from my cookbooks! Then, inspired by Stephanie's blog A Year of Slow Cooking, I thought how much more fun it would be to blog about the experience and challenge others to join me! So won't you come along? Think about all the fun cookbooks on your own shelves, or how much fun it will be to buy new cookbooks to play with! And of course you can always try the recipes that I post here on the blog as we go along. I'll even take suggestions for cookbooks and/or recipes you'd like to see me try, especially if they're already in cookbooks I own! My collection is full of old and new cookbooks, some antiques and some fresh off the presses. It's also varied in style and structure, with books on specific topics and some more general, so this will be a free-for-all in style of cooking. There will be some international dishes along with some "old time comfort foods" I'm sure. It may be that my only recipe trial for a day is a beverage or a mix of some sort to use later, but if it's in one of my books, it's fair game. So I hope you'll join me in this adventure and comment and play along as we go. We'll get underway with the first recipe experiment on July 15th, but I will post a few special recipes and comments leading up to the kick off as well. If you'd like to join in the fun, be sure to post a comment below and leave a link to your blog so I can add you to the players list...Hope to see your comments soon!

0 comments:

 

Cookbooks 365 Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design