Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TODAY'S THE DAY! Join me for the Kick-off!

Today's the day I kick off this year long adventure. Since I had already planned tonight's menu using a recipe from Food Network's Alton Brown (altered for the crockpot), I had a good time checking through my cookbooks for something fun to make today. I'm actually going to be making THREE recipes today, two of which are specifically for my daughter E. She LOVES Snickerdoodle cookies, so that will be one of the recipes. I had no idea how difficult it is to find a recipe for Snickerdoodles in a cookbook! I have a pretty large assortment of cookbooks, but after searching through quite a few of them only found a recipe in the old standby, The Joy of Cooking. So that's one of the recipes I'll be making today. The second recipe I'll be making is to use up some very ripe bananas I have sitting on my counter :) It's a recipe for Banana Tea Bread from a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe book I own (one of two). Also on the page with the tea bread recipe is a recipe for Zwieback, which is a kind of twice-baked sweetly flavored bread that is often used as a teething biscuit for babies, thus perfect for my little E. So today will be a baking day for me with those three recipes. I'll post the recipes, photos and results later in the day or this evening, so be sure to check back and see how it goes! If there are recipes or ideas you have for me to try out over the next year's journey, please leave me a comment and let me know, and if you decide to join me in this journey, be sure to leave your blog address so I can add you to the blogroll!

0 comments:

 

Cookbooks 365 Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design